Admissions Timeline for 2021-2022 school year
12/7 Applications accepted for St. Joseph parish families
1/6 Admissions Virtual Information Session (8:30- 9:30 AM)
1/6 Applications accepted for all families
3/1 Financial aid applications due
St. Joseph School is a co-educational, diocesan Catholic school serving students entering preschool through grade 6.
St. Joseph School does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color and/or national or ethnic origin in the administration of it educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, financial grants, and other school administered programs. St. Joseph School reserves the right to deny anyone whose behavior is contrary to the teachings and ideals of the school and whose behavior or attitude is disruptive to the functioning of the student body.
In order to meet the individual needs of each student, St. Joseph School must access a student’s level of academic development. It is our expectation that parents/guardians share if the student has any learning challenges or health concerns so that we can ensure the success of every St. Joseph School student.
To enable St. Joseph School to perform adequate record check, parents must provide a signed Release of Records form. Upon receiving an application for registration, St. Joseph School will send for the records pf the student from the prior school, id applicable. The principal will also call for additional background information, as necessary.
Candidates for admission to St. Joseph School York (SJY) will be granted admission on a space-available basis according to the following priorities:
In the event there are more qualified candidates then available admissions openings, the admission priority will be given to students who have completed registrations in the following order:
1st – Currently enrolled students
2nd – Siblings or currently enrolled students
3rd – Children of St. Joseph York parish
4th – Students of new families
When class size has reached capacity, a waitlist will be created and a determination will be made by the school whether to open an additional classroom. The school will then admit students in the order they were placed on the waitlist.
To be eligible for admission, the child must be the following age by September 1st of the year of enrollment: Pre-K Four-year old program – 4 years old; Kindergarten – 5 years old; First Grade – 6 years old. Ages will be verified by birth certificate and medical records.
Admission to St. Joseph School
All required paperwork and fees must be received by the school before a student will be admitted or permitted to attend classes.
All new students and incoming Kindergarten students must complete an academic evaluation. Parents will be contacted to schedule once your registration is complete.
1. Complete your online application using the button below.
2. Send in cash, money order or a check (made out to St. Joseph School) for registration. The cost is $60/one child or $75 for more than one child.
3. Upload or mail (St. Joseph School, 2945 Kingston Road, York, PA 17402) Copies of: Birth Certificate, Record of Immunizations and Baptismal Certificate (if applicable).
4. Complete ALL forms in the New Registration Forms tab and any optional forms that apply to your family in the Optional Forms tab. (www.sjyschool.org/school-forms)
5. Set up a FACTS Management Company tution payment account. Click for instructions.
6. Complete paperwork for financial aid by February 1st. Additional information is located in the Optional Forms tab.